Explicit Aurora

Saturday, November 05, 2005

as excerpted from an e-mail to Maria and then some extra just for you guys

"We finished Picking Corn this week and as I found out today also landscaping and mowing our yard, so I'm happy to be let in on the secrets. Today I helped a young lady change oil. She is a new Teacher at IMS (Iowa Mennonite School(where I went to highschool(where my mom teaches biology(where the principal's name is Wilbur Yoder))which is undergoing a building project (a new music/performing arts center(which will hopefully make our student body more musical...(I guess))). She was thankful and gave me a oatmeal cookie. I accepted graciously and sent her on her merry way to prepare for teaching next week I presume.

Things with The High Pollutin' Wild Wild West Cattle Drive Road Trip or the HPWWWCDRT as I like to refer to it as are going pretty well. It's hard to get everything organized and contact everyone that we need to talk to. I think it's going to come really soon and going to hit us like a Baldwin piano (10ft grand). We are going to get in the car and hopefully everything will go as planned. We're trying to travel lightly like marmots and stealthily like Zimbabwe so that we don't have to pay speeding tickets etc which will be expensive and unbugeted for.

I spent Wed night and Friday night with Nathan and we are going to try to do something tonight because next Monday he is going back to the hospital for Chemo and will be in and out for a week and probably not feeling too well for a couple of weeks after. Last night we met at another friends house and as the evening progressed I convinced the host to allow the tossing of an old jack-o-lantern off a balcony. We got all geared up for a TOTAL explosion, a masquerade of pumpkin shrapnel with probable damage the Earth might not be able to sustain. This of course would happen in response to the resultant dust cloud of enigmatic proportions which irrelevant sizematic value might exceed 16! It would no doubt leave complete destitution amongst the lesser organisms left on afore mentioned planet. Needless to say, we were sharply disappointed when there was no catastrophic annihilation. The jack-o-lantern simply collapsed in structural relief following the (...~20 (height in feet)/3.28= "6.09756 (meters)*9.8 m/s/s (gravitational acceleration)=sq root of 59.75609 = speed in meters per second * 3.28 feet per second = 25.35507 ft/sec / 5280 (distance in 1 mile) =.004802 miles per second * 3600 (number of seconds in an hour) = )17.287" mile pre hour collision with the slightly unleveled terrain. Please check my math. I never adored it enough to be a physics major. Then we drove home and hit a raccoon. We assumed it was killed and continued through the dark on the interstate highway at interstate highway speeds.

This afternoon I ate "too much" candy corn and listened to Ben Folds."


I hope all you guys are doing well. And Even David who got married. David! come on man, post something! We know you read this like all the time and are just putting it off. Wait wait a minute...Ken, And, Steve, Nate, Thush, do you guys think Emmy isn't letting David participate in our communication link!?! this is absurd! why would she do such a thing!?? I'm feeling irate! Gosh dern it! Thats it, where's my pitch fork! Get your torches guys, we need to have a good ol' style witch burning, except it will be more progressive. ie: a visit to their apartment and polite rational dialogue concerning our value of David as a person and friend alike and our discontent of the current state of David's involvement in the Aurorahouse blog. This discussion could be led by Goshen College professor Keith Graber Miller who is well known for his negotiationingable nature. Our lively debate will be followed by a tour and appetizers then a plea for restitution and reasonable limited posting allowances for David. Lets try to meet within the next year, all of us, to get things worked out with Davey.

hang in there David, we love you. (in a more platonic way that Emmy Louloulou).

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home