Explicit Aurora

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

update on "Project: Move the World 2 inches left"

I now own my very own copy of:




so if any of you need to borrow some Ducktales, let me know! Also, my muffler broke so my car sounds really loud and 4x more awesomer...as long as Loud = Awesome, which I'm sure anyone who's ever attend a tractor pull can attest to.

I'm also working on a video production for Iowa Mennonite School starting today. It should be fun, I have to go outside into the cold and shoot some video though.

I made pancakes with a box of mix that only required water. Who would have thought. just-add-water food. We are definitely living in the future. I invite any comments about the future....Does anyone else feel the need to start wearing those awesome sunglasses that Lavar Burton (Geordi La Forge) did?

3 Comments:

  • Is that the Duck Tales DVD? If so: Sweet.

    By Blogger Davey, at 2/15/2006 4:11 PM  

  • It is only a matter of time before Andy tells you this so I'll let you know so that you can start making the preparations now. You need to weld one of these:

    Glasspack

    A glasspack is a kind of automobile muffler in which the exhaust gas passes straight through the center of the muffler. Packed fiberglass surrounds the exhaust channel and absorbs some of the high-frequency sound.

    All mufflers impede the flow of exhaust gas and create back pressure on the engine, which reduces power. Muffler designs involve tradeoffs between noise, back pressure, and cost. Replacing the factory muffler with one that creates less back pressure is a modification that is often made by hobbyists interested in increasing the engine power of their cars.

    Glasspacks are an old, simple, and relatively inexpensive design. They are very effective at reducing back pressure, but not very effective at muffling noise. Thus, they not only make the engine more powerful, they make it sound more powerful.

    Some modern muffler designs are similar in principle to the glasspack, but use more sophisticated sound-absorbing materials such as stainless steel mesh, and more advanced acoustical engineering, reducing noise while retaining the power-preserving advantages of a straight-through exhaust flow.

    This will give the car the power you deserve and the car's new noise production capabilities will make the girls (or girl) (or lady, I respect gender differences) swoon.

    By Blogger Steve, at 2/15/2006 10:12 PM  

  • steve is right on, you can get the 'cherry bomb' brand at farm and fleet for 12 bucks.

    By Blogger Andy, at 2/16/2006 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home