Emplorations for Thushan
With-in discussion with the current Nathan Detweiler on such transcendental topics as college experiences; we ventured our thought processes to that which draws the average higher-degree bound individual to a given institution, and equivocally what those institutions do to make themselves more attractive and visible to that average individual. Our convalescing account tipped it's hat in the direction of marketing and word of mouth/alumni reliance as well as using the internet, or "world wide web" as others put it. All of these techniques are utilized by our very own alma mater, or in Nathan's case, alma mater to be. Here though, our conversation became a tangent to our previous musings. On fairly recent viewings of the Goshen College website both Nathan and I had seen pictures of ourselves (debauchery at its best) though neither of us currently attend said institution. We concluded that for fruitfulness of its own character, Goshen College should have current students among its webpages and general marketing media. Our conclusion rested on a logical basis: If a given desirer of a degree, whom we'll call Mr. X, was investigating schooling facilities and happened upon the website of Goshen College and within it's domain laid eyes upon the most stunning portraits of the opposite gender, thus deciding to gain acceptance at the institution, would he not find disappointment within it's walls had the prior mentioned virgin had graduated or taken leave the year prior? In likeness, would not the same be true for a young woman desiring such a degree? I would like to take a moment here to draw your attention to the run-on-ness of the sentence before the sentence before this one. Now, my colleague, Nathan, and I agreed that neither of us are dashing enough to be fit for publication, nonetheless, is there a opportunity not being met here I ask you you dear reader of paragraphs prior? Nathan and I succumbed to the idea that, since personality can not be conveyed though a still photograph, it would only be fitting to have the most physically attractive current female Goshen College student population represented on Goshen's website. Now here you may be thinking, "Oh Mark, what authority do you have with only a BA in Communications on such a topic as this?" "None," I declare efficiently, yet, I know deep within my being, I shallowly desire to see slightly more attractive people than slightly less attractive people. And I also would rather see females than males. I don't want to give the impression that I am despondent at the idea of seeing attractive males on the website, and I do understand the reversing psychological effect that may be hidden in this marketing scheme: more attractive guys on the website could attract more attractive young women to the college thus making it a better place for a guy to go. Yet I bypass this thought because being a graduate of "lower" higher-education and looking onward to graduate studies and institutions which offer those scholastic opportunities, of which Goshen College is not one, I digress to the more primal intrigue. Personally knowing the current Web Director of Goshen College, Nathan and I thought it providential and that we must at least suggest that our pictures be removed for the most flattering images of the most flattering (flatacious if you will) female students you have access to. Thushan, this is our story, this is our song, hoping for Ladies all the day long (to the tune of the refrain of WB 332 - Blessed Assurance.
Thank you for you're time.
Mark
Thank you for you're time.
Mark

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home