I hate extremests
Is anyone else getting really annoyed by all the retarded overreacting (riots and killing people, going on 6? weeks now) by certain Muslim groups in responce to the mildly insulting Mohammed cartoons? I am. Did you know that in Iran they changed the name of "Danish pastries" to something like, "Roses of the Prophet Mohammed"? That is stupid. I mean sure, we changed the name of hamburgers to Freedom Sandwiches (or whatever it was) during world war one and/or two because we were fighting the Germans. But we were in a friggin war, not offended because of some silly cartoon of a "prophet" .
(I could be completely wrong about the freedom sandwiches thing but I do remember something about freedom fries and freedom toast instead of French fries/toast one of those times when the US hated the French. Any history majors out there care to correct me on that?)
Hey Mark, you missed the Corduroy premere. It was pretty nifty...a lot of people showed up and they had great bean dip at the party afterwards. You'll probably get a DVD once they're done.
(I could be completely wrong about the freedom sandwiches thing but I do remember something about freedom fries and freedom toast instead of French fries/toast one of those times when the US hated the French. Any history majors out there care to correct me on that?)
Hey Mark, you missed the Corduroy premere. It was pretty nifty...a lot of people showed up and they had great bean dip at the party afterwards. You'll probably get a DVD once they're done.

2 Comments:
Well the freedom fries were because the French weren't supporting position on the Iraq war that our government was taking. Well, it wasn't yet a war at that point. Here's the quote "This action today is a small, but symbolic effort to show the strong displeasure of many on Capitol Hill with the actions of our so-called ally, France," said Rep. Bob Ney, R-Ohio, the chairman of the Committee on House Administration.
Anyway, did you catch the final episodes of Arrested Development? Also, I hear on the radio station that I listen to for 8 hours a day ever day that Menno travel and Froggy are going to give away a trip or something. Any chance you can rig that contest so that I win?
Steve
By
Steve, at 2/15/2006 10:20 PM
yeah,those new names for fries and breakfast toast started in the food court thing of the capitol building and then spread to places no one would really want to live anyway, like georgia and south carolina.
did i mention i'm going to france? i'm going to france for a mayterm arts in paris class - sorry steve, thushan, looks like i will not, in fact, be joining you...
By
Andy, at 2/16/2006 11:48 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home