Explicit Aurora

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Short trip to Goshen leaves Gingerich Lasagne-ed

Friday evening the town of Goshen in northern Indiana was graced by vagabond Mark Gingerich's presence. Gingerich, a graduate of Goshen College currently resides in Iowa City Iowa. "After my days in Goshen where I studied video production and girls, being careful not to combine the two, I heard the faint call of the Motherland beckoning me back to my place of birth," Gingerich said. Born in Iowa City in 1982, Gingerich's first ten formative years were spent in a rural setting possibly preparing him for the endevours he now embarks upon.

Gingerich arrived Friday evening to the Eigsti/Hemachandra/Nyce residence at about 10 pm. A friend of Mark's, Robyn Mast, accomanied him and was "elated to meet his friends." The visiting couple split up that evening as Robyn had another friend to visit. Friend Steven Eigsti stayed up conversing with Mark until approximately 2 am when both were too tired to complete full sentences. At around 4am Saturday Mark describes, "I really had to take a leak pretty bad, so I got up. When I returned I noticed Steve shift his weight and maybe open his eyes ... I layed back down on the couch and the next time I woke up he was gone." Steven had died and his body had been removed by the local mortician.

Later that morning Steven evidently arose from the dead and met Mark in the living room. After discusing a film concept idea involving a devil-possessed piece of paper the two friends departed in good humor. Leaving at about 10 am Gingerich traveled safely back to "The Motherland" where he prepared some Lasagne for the noonday meal of the next day and fell into a deep and rewarding slumber at the end of the day. Gingerich would like to thank all that made the trip possible and those who hosted him. He missed seeing some friends he wasn't able to connect with but hopes to visit again and see them then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home