News
I believe we have enough people to say that this AR thing will definitely happen. Here are the people who are in - also, I took the liberty of inviting the folks I'm currently living with (Ben, Luke and Matt Ho) because it was appearing that we might not have enough to justify the trip, anyway:
Steve, Thushan, David, Myself, Mark (probably), Ben (probably), Luke (probably), Matt (probably) Nathan (maybe), Kenan (?).
The way I believe we should make this happen to observe suggestions for transportation travel and financial resource sharing in the form of 'comments' for this and subsequent entries. I realize it's a ways away, but I'd like to work out the details soon, so that we all may be relaxed and clear on what needs to happen.
We need to establish a place to leave from, and travel logistics. I will be driving my families van, which has plenty of room, but it will need to stay in AR at the end of our time. So, we need transportation sufficient to get everyone back to their respective homes without it. Also, I will be staying in AR after you all leave to meet my parents so leaving from my house is fine, but if any cars are left at my house, no one will be there on the way back...maybe this isn't an issue? And, finally, I think we should all pool our resources in the form of 50$/person for gas, food and 35$ cleaning fee - whatever is left at the end of the 4 days we divy out evenly and people can figure out gas money on the way back individually.
So now we take suggestions...Where should we leave from? When should we leave, when should we meet to leave (if we establish this now, we won't all have to try and get in touch later-plus it'd help give my parents an idea of what to expect)? and lastly, when does the fun end?
My parents have said the house is booked from mon. the 24th (jul) to the 6th (aug) and we can overlap however we want...but when my parents arrive on Friday evening it will become quite crowded if everyone stays...I know Steve has a wedding to attend on sat. the 29th, so at least one car will need to head out either thurs. or friday. Good grief - that is all.
-Andy
Steve, Thushan, David, Myself, Mark (probably), Ben (probably), Luke (probably), Matt (probably) Nathan (maybe), Kenan (?).
The way I believe we should make this happen to observe suggestions for transportation travel and financial resource sharing in the form of 'comments' for this and subsequent entries. I realize it's a ways away, but I'd like to work out the details soon, so that we all may be relaxed and clear on what needs to happen.
We need to establish a place to leave from, and travel logistics. I will be driving my families van, which has plenty of room, but it will need to stay in AR at the end of our time. So, we need transportation sufficient to get everyone back to their respective homes without it. Also, I will be staying in AR after you all leave to meet my parents so leaving from my house is fine, but if any cars are left at my house, no one will be there on the way back...maybe this isn't an issue? And, finally, I think we should all pool our resources in the form of 50$/person for gas, food and 35$ cleaning fee - whatever is left at the end of the 4 days we divy out evenly and people can figure out gas money on the way back individually.
So now we take suggestions...Where should we leave from? When should we leave, when should we meet to leave (if we establish this now, we won't all have to try and get in touch later-plus it'd help give my parents an idea of what to expect)? and lastly, when does the fun end?
My parents have said the house is booked from mon. the 24th (jul) to the 6th (aug) and we can overlap however we want...but when my parents arrive on Friday evening it will become quite crowded if everyone stays...I know Steve has a wedding to attend on sat. the 29th, so at least one car will need to head out either thurs. or friday. Good grief - that is all.
-Andy

3 Comments:
Well, here's my situation:
My car is way to crappy to drive all the way down there...in fact, it probably needs to stay here so Emmy can use it. But I'm assuming that it shouldn't be too much of a problem to catch a ride with someone else here in Goshen (Steve, Thushan?). I too would like to be getting back by saturday. So maybe I can again ride with steve.
Exactly where is the wedding that you're going to steve? If in the Goshen area, great, if in Tiskilwa area, I can probably have Em come pick me up.
By
Davey, at 3/27/2006 5:13 PM
good work fellas, again - i'll have the van for all our gear if we end up meeting in Tiskilwa first...though kenan, that might be a bit out of the way for you...anyone else have access to a car that can stand 2 8 hour trips?
By
Andy, at 3/29/2006 12:02 AM
To clarify, The wedding is not my own and will be in Chicago. So, I will be either heading to Chicago or just stopping in the Tiskilwa area and catching a ride with my parents. I'm not really sure which I will be doing at this point.
By
Steve, at 4/01/2006 12:12 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home